Woodland Sugar Cookies
- 1 C. Butter, softened
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/3 C. Sour Cream
- 3 C. Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, almond extract and sour cream and mix together until smooth, scraping down the sides once.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix in until just combined.
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper and roll out to a thickness of no less than 1/2”.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1” apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Do not let them brown! Cook for the shortest amount of time possible, so that they almost seem underdone. Once cooled, they will be soft because of this.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
- Frost as desired.