Watermelon & Fresh Mozzarella Skewers
- 2/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1” cubes
- Heart of a sweet watermelon, cut into 1” cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Place the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half. Mixture should be syrupy and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour the reduction into a container and let cool – it will thicken upon standing.
- Thread alternating cubes of mozzarella and watermelon onto skewers.
- Place skewers on a serving platter and sprinkle with a little salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tops of the skewers as well as the balsamic reduction.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and serve.