Pasta with White Wine & Mussels
- 1 pound Dry Spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 2 pounds Mussels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Chili Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Sliced Lemons, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the wine and lemon juice to a wide saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the mussels and cover with a lid. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the mussels have opened. Remove from heat and discard any mussels that didn’t open. Place the mussels in a bowl and cover. Pour the liquid in the pan through a strainer, and reserve.
- Add the olive oil to the same pan the mussels were cooked in and place over medium/high heat. Add the sliced garlic and chili flakes. Saute for 1 minute. Add the reserved cooking liquid and bring to a simmer. Let cook until reduced to about ½ cup(2-4 minutes). Remove from heat and swirl in the butter.
- Drain the pasta. Place pasta back in cooking pot and add the garlic/wine liquid and the mussels. Toss until mussels and pasta are well coated.
- Serve in pasta bowls, garnished with lemon wedges, chili flakes, pepper, and parsley.