Farmhouse Pottery is seeking a full time employee to join our established workshop as a glazing technician. Farmhouse Pottery is a nationally recognized brand based in beautiful Woodstock, Vermont. As a relatively young company we are looking for someone who is excited about growing with the business and becoming part of a close team.
As a full time member of our production team, your primary roles will be glazing and firing kilns. You will work closely with our lead potter to learn how to perfectly glaze pieces and work efficiently. Once trained you will work independently and be responsible for managing firing schedules and glaze inventory. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and takes pride in their work. Every new member will go through an apprentice period.
- Prior production experience preferred but not required
- Ability to stand for eight hours and lift 25 pounds daily
- Ability to do repetitive tasks
- Good hand-eye coordination and hand strength
- Kiln and glaze knowledge preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Letter of Intent stating why you would like to work at Farmhouse Pottery.
- Please include previous experiences and two references.
Compensation to be determined based on experience.