Fresh Gnocchi with Greens and Bacon
- 16 oz. Premade Potato Gnocchi
- 8 ounces Bacon, cut into thin slices
- 2 Shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Leek, tops discarded, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 large bunch Swiss Chard Leaves, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup Sweet Peas (frozen)
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Parmesan Cheese, grated, to top
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- While the water is heating, cook the bacon until crispy and browned in a large sauté pan with deep sides.
- Place the cooked bacon pieces in a bowl and drain all but 1 tablespoon of grease from the pan.
- Place the pan back on the heat and add the shallot and leek. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and rosemary. Sauté for 30 seconds. Add in the Swiss chard and peas and sauté until the peas are bright green and the chard is wilted.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the gnocchi to the pot of boiling water and cook until they float to the surface. Transfer the cooked gnocchi from the pot of water to the pot of broth and greens.
- Add the bacon back into the pot with the gnocchi and greens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in Harvest Bowls filled with the gnocchi and greens and a bit of broth ladled over the top. Sprinkle with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.