Yield: Two 5" crostatas.
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups Pitted Frozen Cherries
- 1 Pie Crust, divided in two
- 1 Egg White
- Sparkling Sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the cherries, toss to coat
- Using flour to prevent sticking, roll the two pieces of pie crust into rounds of about 1/8” thickness- about 10” in diameter. Any excess can be trimmed, wrapped and saved for later use.
- Place rolled dough in two 5” pans.
- Place combined filling ingredients into the two dough-lined pans.
- Fold and crimp the overhanging dough over the filling, leaving an opening of cherry filling in the center.
- Brush pie crust with egg white and sprinkle with sparkling sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375 for about 18-22 minutes until golden brown.