Lemon Dutch Baby + Blueberry Maple Compote
Makes one 10" pancake
- 4 large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- large pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 drops Lemon Oil (optional - 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Extract could also be used)
- 4 tablespoon Butter (preferably grass-fed)
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Sweetened whipped cream, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the butter in a 10" frying pan and place in the oven so that the butter can melt.
- Place the eggs, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon oil in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the pan of melted butter from the oven. Pour the batter into the pan and place back in the hot oven.
- Cook pancake for 15-20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- While the Dutch baby is cooking, make the compote. Place the blueberries, maple syrup and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat and scoop the blueberries into a bowl, leaving the juice-infused syrup in the pan.
- Place the pan back on the heat and bring to a boil again. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until liquid is thickened.
- Pour the thick syrup over the bowl of blueberries and mix together (doing this allows the berries to mostly keep their shape while resulting in a thicker syrup).
- Serve the Dutch baby in slices with a spoonful of cream, blueberry compote, and an extra drizzle of maple syrup.