In Full Color Scholarship
Farmhouse Pottery is a production pottery studio located in Woodstock, Vermont focused on old world traditions and handmade goods. Here at Farmhouse Pottery we pride ourselves on being America's largest studio for wheel thrown pottery. Each day we support our American dream by keeping wheels turning, and artists busy in our workshop.
Wheel thrown pottery is a specialized art and truly great craft, and we are grateful to be able to practice this artform, providing handmade pieces to homes around the world. As a way to give back and invest in the future generation of great ceramicists, specifically artists of color, we are awarding one $5,000 scholarship to a BIPOC ceramicist along with a paid summer internship at our workshop in Woodstock, Vermont.
- Self-identifies as Black, Indigenous, and/or a Person of Color including Latinx, Asian, and mixed race.
- Enrolled in their junior or senior year of undergraduate work at a college or university.
- Maintains a 3.0 GPA or above.
- Coursework in ceramics and seeking a career in ceramics.
- Must be enrolled at the time of submission.
- Students in online-only courses are not eligible at this time.
- Applicants must be US citizens attending a college or university in the United States.
Submit cover letter and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a portfolio showcasing samples of pottery work. Deadline for submission is December 10, 2021. Finalists will be asked to participate in a video interview. The scholarship winner will be announced December 23, 2021 with scholarship proceeds going directly to covering the cost of tuition for Spring semester 2022.