Rye Bourbon-soaked Cherry Old Fashioned
For the bourbon-soaked cherries:
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries, pits removed
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the cocktail:
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2-3 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 oz rye bourbon
- orange peel, for garnish
- In a mason jar, combine cherries, bourbon, water, and sugar. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow to soak for at least 1 hour, but up to overnight.
- To make the cocktail, place raw sugar and bitters in the bottom of a farmhouse glass. Muddle using the farmhouse muddler. Add in bourbon-soaked cherries.
- Chill the rye bourbon by stirring it over ice in a farmhouse crystal pitcher. Pour into the glass, then finish with an orange peel.
Tip: keep the cherries in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.