How to care for our products
Our durable American stoneware ceramics are produced from our proprietary recipe of 100% American mined material. Pieces are applied with our exclusive scratch resistant organic milk glaze. Our glaze is free of both lead and cadmium and is in accordance with Prop 65. Both of these formulas were designed with an emphasis on utility to create pottery that withstands the most demanding everyday use.Care:
- All pottery is oven, microwave, and dishwasher safe
- Clean with dish soap and a soft scrub brush
- Pottery will break if transferred directly from freezer to hot oven so allow for a gradual change in temperature.
- Keep garden pots inside during freezing temperatures
Our traditionally dipped enamelware is coated with a high-grade application making it food-safe and tough for everyday use.
- Not suitable for the dishwasher or microwave
- When cleaning use a soft scouring pad to prevent scratching on protective coating
- Dry thoroughly with a clean cloth to prevent rust
The majority of our wood products are produced right here in Vermont using sustainably harvested woods such as Maple, Walnut, and Ash.
- Rinse with water to remove food particles from surface and wipe dry with a clean cloth
- Apply mineral oil as needed to prevent splitting
Unfinished Wooden Bowls:
- Oil with mineral oil or wood oil
- Apply oil as needed with soft cloth to protect against drying and cracking
- Do not use vegetable oil
- Hand wash with soap and warm water, rinse and dry immediately
Our candles are hand poured in Vermont using 100% U.S. farmed soy. We choose soy wax as it is non-toxic, biodegradable, and burns cleaner than paraffin. All candles have a cotton wick braided with paper to prevent health issues while burning. The scents are a unique blend of natural essential oils and fragrance oils.
Use & Care:
- When you first light your candle allow the wax to pool all the way to the outer edges of the vessel. This guarantees an even burn and maximum fragrance throw.
- Trim wick after each use to roughly ¼” for a slower more even burn. Burn candle no more than one hour at a time to help lengthen burn time.
- Do not leave burning candles unattended.
Our textile collection is 100% linen produced from fibers of the flax plant. All linens are pre-washed thoroughly for both a softer and lighter fabric.
- Hand or machine wash gently in cold/lukewarm water; do not use bleach
- Linens will soften over time
- Store in a cool dry location
The Farmhouse furniture collection is produced from a variety of hardwoods including Maple, Oak, Walnut, Chestnut, White Pine, and Cherry. The lacquer finish application is a high solids formula offering both a durable and water resistant protection. This finish has undergone industry standard testing, which resulted in no discoloration or damage to the furniture.
- Avoid leaving furniture outside for an extended time as prolonged direct sunlight can damage the lacquer finish
- Wipe with a moist cloth just wet enough to absorb dust and other particles without leaving any trace of water on the surface
- We do not recommend oily cleaners or polishes as these products can interfere with refinishing
Our flatware comes in a variety of colors and shapes, including acrylic and wooden handles. All metal is high quality 18/10 stainless steel.
- Dishwasher safe; do not let flatware soak in water
- Wooden handles weather, and may change color in the dishwasher
- Moisten wooden handles with mineral oil when needed
- Non-serrated knife blades can be sharpened to maintain the edge
- Do not sharpen serrated knife blades
Our natural farmhouse sheepskins are produced from New Zealand shearling.
- Shake out on occasion
- Spot-clean with non-abrasive cleaner or warm water
- Avoid extended exposure to sunlight as this may cause yellowing