Peppermint Birch Bark
This recipe can be made on the large cheese stone. For smaller cheese stones, cut the recipe in half or a quarter.
- 9 ounces Good Quality Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces Good Quality White Chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 drops Peppermint Oil (food grade)
- 1 Peppermint Candy Cane, crushed
- Parchment Paper
- Cut Parchment paper to fit on top of a large cheese stone. Place on top of stone.
- Place the dark chocolate and one tablespoon of the coconut oil in a saucepan and melt over low/medium heat, stirring and scraping the sides and bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint oil.
- Pour all but about 2 tablespoons of the melted dark chocolate (reserve the 2 tablespoons for drizzling over the bark) over the parchment lined cheese stone and spread out evenly across the stone, staying within ½” of the parchment paper’s edge. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the white chocolate and remaining one tablespoon of coconut oil in a saucepan and repeat the same melting process as the dark chocolate. When the white chocolate is completely melted and smooth, remove from heat.
- Remove the cheese stone from the fridge. Pour the melted white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate, spreading evenly over the top to completely cover the dark chocolate. Using a spoon, drizzle the reserved melted dark chocolate over the top of the white chocolate, moving your hand from side to side across the chocolate so that the bark is covered in horizontal streaks of dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane over the top of the bark.
- Let the bark set for several hours. Break into pieces and serve.