Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
- ½ Lemon
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Pears (any variety will do, we used d’Anjou)
- ¼ cup Candied Pecans or Walnuts
- ⅓ cup Blue Cheese (Gorgonzola or Stilton would also be good options), crumbled
- Place the water in a bowl and squeeze the juice of the lemon into it.
- Slice the pears vertically, making each slice about ¼” thick. Reserve the four center slices from each pear (will be the largest of the slices) and save the rest for another use.
- Dip each pear slice in the lemon water mixture (will keep the cut ends fresh and white), then lay on a paper towel to dry.
- Place each pear slice on a serving platter or board in rows of three, or as desired.
- Sprinkle the nuts and cheese over the top of the pears. Drizzle with honey. Serve immediately (the honey will dissolve as it sits so be sure to drizzle over the top just before service).