Cinnamon Caramel Apple Crumble
- 5 large honeycrisp apples
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f. Coat a deep, 9" pie dish or other oven-proof vessel with butter.
- Peel the apples, core, and cut into 1/2" slices. Place in a large mixing bowl and add the cornstarch and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Toss to coat the apples evenly.
- Place the coated apple slices in the prepared pie dish, arranging to fit slices tightly. Drizzle the caramel sauce evenly over the top of the apples.
- In another mixing bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, oats, and remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir until combined. Pour the melted butter over the mixture and stir in with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the apples. Cover the pie dish with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes - remove the tin foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Crumble should be golden brown on top and the caramel sauce should be thick and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream.