Tahini Hot Chocolate
Makes 1 Quart
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup good tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the milk, tahini, vanilla extract,and salt. Cook until the milk is scalding but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, separate out 1/2 cup of the mixture and whisk in cocoa powder and chopped chocolate.
- Once mixture is completely smooth, pour back into the saucepan.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir. Chocolate should have completely melted. If it doesn't, return to heat for 1 minute.
- Pour into your pantry mug and top with a large marshmallow and sesame seeds. If you'd like, you can put the hot chocolate under a broiler for about 2 minutes to toast the marshmallow!!!!